Committed to quality & service for over 50 years.
Jacmar was founded 1959. In the early 1960’s, Jacmar Foodservice, then known as Jacmar Sales, began by selling glassware and sundries to local motels, apartments and restaurants eventually expanding into a full service distributor. Jacmar Foodservice moved into its first distribution center in Alhambra, CA in 1966.
The Alhambra facility consisted of one loading dock and 9,000 square feet. This facility served us well until 1988 when we moved into our 30,000 square foot Meridian distribution center which coincided with our expansion of our broadline foodservice customer base. It was around this same time that Jacmar Foodservice purchased the Gardenia Foodservice Division. Our continued growth led to us building our 87,000 square foot Irwindale distribution center in 1999. Five years later, Jacmar Foodservice then acquired a regional foodservice distributor in Northern California which allowed us to expand our operations and service area to include the full states of California and Nevada. In 2007, Jacmar Foodservice opened its newly built 100,000 square foot distribution center in West Sacramento.
Currently, we operate two distribution centers which total a combined square footage of over 325,000 square feet.
From humble beginnings …
…to industry-leading service.
Five Decades Of Growth & Experience
Jacmar Foodservice Distribution has been serving our customers’ needs for over 50 years. We operate two distribution centers, servicing California and Nevada. Jacmar South is located in City of Industry, CA which has 232,000 square feet of space and is the headquarters of Jacmar Foodservice. Our South facility services the entire southern area of California, from San Diego to Bakersfield, as well as Las Vegas, NV. Jacmar North, located in West Sacramento, CA delivers throughout Northern California from Redding to Fresno and east to Reno, NV.
With over 50 years in the business, Jacmar is a financially secure, privately owned company who is committed to EXCELLENCE in every aspect of the business; from the order entry to your front door. We guarantee your satisfaction or we will make it right, EVERY time.
New City of Industry Distribution Center!
Our latest innovation is our state-of-the-art 232,000 square feet distribution center.
- Cooler/Freezer with 6 different temperature zones
- Deep freeze (bulk ice cream)
- General Frozen
- General Refrigerated
- Dedicated Fresh Meat Room
- Two Separate Produce Rooms
- 14 fully refrigerated dock doors which allow for direct refrigerated/frozen receiving and loading.
- Each dock door equipped with dock shelters to protect goods from the elements and to minimize airflow into the warehouse.
- 24 hour operation, seven days a week
- Approximately 6 Million Cubic Feet of Storage
- 232,000 Square Feet comprised of:
- 75,000 Square Feet of Cooler/Freezer Space
- 132,000 Square Feet of Dry Goods/Dock Space/Warehouse office
- 25,000 Square Feet of Office Space (HQ for Jacmar Foodservice Distribution)
- 30 Dock doors – 16 Ambient/14 Refrigerated
- Recycling of cardboard and plastics
- Use of low energy LED lighting throughout warehouse AND offices. Motion sensors used throughout facility to minimize utilization of lights
- Refrigerated docks lead to less use of diesel fuels as truck refrigeration units are run for less hours
- Updated routing technology allows for route structures that minimize miles driven and hours per route, thus lowering diesel fuel usage and thereby reducing emissions.
- State of the art refrigeration system provides maximum energy efficiency.
- All landscaping sprinkler systems are underground seepage systems which prevents excess surface water waste and less water use overall.